If you are looking to break your resolutions already then I am here to help! Only joking, this one is all your own doing, I’m just supplying the temptation and how to!
I made this cake for the first time around 4 years ago and it is a firm favourite in our house, it has the nuttyness of pistachios without the actual nut pieces (the kids HATE chopped nuts!), it is super easy to do and its a showstopper! Who doesn’t love a good drizzle of chocolate ganache!
Follow the steps below and let me know what you think…lots more recipes on their way!
400g Caster sugar
400g Self Raising flour
Splash of vanilla essense (be generous)
pinch of salt
Good Quality Pistachio Flavour
250g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
600g icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Green food colouring (just the tiniest drop to tint the buttercream)
250g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
235ml double cream
*heat up oven to 180 degrees c*
1. Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Beat the eggs in a seperate jug/bowl, measure out and sieve the flour.
3. Gradually add the eggs and flour to the butter mix slowly.
4. Continue mixing for approx 6-9 mins and add the pinch of salt and vanilla as you go.
5. Turn out into a lightly greased 8 inch tins.
6. Level off the top and bake for approx 20-25 minutes. Remove once a cake tester comes out of the mix clean.
7. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. To make the frosting cream the butter and sugar together then add the sugar a little at a time. Beat in the milk, flavour and colouring and keep beating until smooth. Use buttercream between each layer and on the outside of the cake.
9. Make the ganache by placing the cream into a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to the boil, watching carefully as it will boil over very quickly. In a seperate bowl have the chopped chocolate ready, pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow it to cool slightly before pouring over the cake.
10. Allow the ganache to run down the sides of the cake.
ENJOY with single cream and fresh strawberries for a decadent dessert that will be a sure fire winner!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.