Waddingtons No.1 of London is an iconic British heritage brand that as been around for over 130 years. We have been lovers of board games and jigsaws from Waddingtons or the longest time so when we were given the opportunity to review the new Disney & Harry Potter Lex-Go word games.
In this game race against other players to get rid of your word tiles by swapping letters and even stealing your opponents’ tiles. There are two versions; Harry Potter and Disney and both include special tiles that help you win the game.
We love Harry Potter and we were delighted to find that the tiles have special HP features including spells:
Harry Potter has 4 special SPELL TILES:
• EXPELLIARMUS – disarm another player by messing up their tiles
• DEPULSO – banish one of your tiles from the round if you need to
• REVELIO – allows the holder to look at any number of tiles in the draw pile before choosing which to swap
• STUPEFY – choose a player to close their eyes and count out loud for 10 seconds, before they re-join the round.
The POLYJUICE tile may be nominated as any letter in a word. Once used in a word the player must announce what letter it is and it remains that letter throughout the round.
All of the Lex-Go games work on the same principle. You create or adapt words until you have no tiles remaining. You can add tiles to another player’s word to make it longer and steal the win.
Alongside the Harry Potter release is a perfect one for my Disney mad girls. As well as all of the usual tiles there are 4 special Disney magic tiles:
• GENIE – your wish is granted! You can take a total of any 3 tiles from any other players
• WRECK IT RALPH – it’s time to wreck it! Shuffle one player’s words
• OLAF – whoops! Olaf walked over your tiles and now they’re frozen in place for 10 seconds
• ARIEL – here’s one to add to your collection! You can take any tile from another player if it completes a word for you.
The MICKY tile may be nominated as any letter in a word. Once used in a word the player must announce what letter it is and it remains that letter throughout the round.
We have also been using the tiles for Amelia to create her own words. Learning the letters as she goes thus helping with her home schooling, anything to make it a little more fun!
We were gifted these for the purpose of a review, all views and opinions are my own and genuine.
For those who prefer a more traditional home-like experience when on vacation, a timeshare can make sense. If you’ve gotten many years of good use out of your timeshare and now want to get rid of it, a timeshare cancellation company like Timeshare Freedom Group or Lonestar transfer may be able to help.