There is something absolutely incredible about fresh fruit-based preparations! And, there is nothing more fabulous than preparing these dishes using organic and locally grown produce.
Lemon is one such ingredient that is available all through the year and in most parts of the world, which makes it a great ingredient to be used for making delicious preparations. Use organic or farm fresh lemons for baking a quick and delicious lemon cake.
Here you have a great recipe of lemon cake that is fail-proof and so easy that you will undoubtedly consider serving it to all your guests always from now on. It is buttery, moist, sweet, and has the perfect amount of lemony tang, which is neither too subtle nor too overpowering at once. The fantastic aroma of lemons and its incredible flavor is so perfect and desirable that you will be lured into eating all of this cake at once.
The trick to get the perfect consistency of this cake is to make sure you have a lovely velvety and thick consistency of cake batter all through the whisking process. If whisked well, this cake will not even require the addition of any baking soda to make it nice, soft, and airy.
So, before you start gathering ingredients to prepare the most decadent lemon cake ever, you should first have your safety measures in place. Other than keeping a fire extinguisher handy, you should also use the best kind of oven mitts to protect your hands from getting burnt. In fact, oven mitts are pretty much the only protective gear you need while baking.
You can bake this dish in a round or a loaf tin, depending upon your preference. This recipe is not just your regular tea time cake but an amazing post-meal dessert that can instantly uplift your mood. If required, you can also prepare a healthy frosting for this cake and use it as a great homemade birthday cake alternative.
Now that you are all safe and secure for baking, start gathering these easy to find ingredients and enjoy a moist and mesmerizing lemon cake, which does not even require the support of any frosting to make it drool-worthy.
3/4 cup salted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup powdered sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons thick yogurt
1¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of baking soda (optional)
1. Grease a baking dish with some oil or butter and keep it aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the butter until it is soft and creamy in texture.
3. Stir in the oil and then lightly whip both the ingredients well.
4. Whisk the sugar into the butter mixture until it is all soft and creamy in texture.
5. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
6. Break open the eggs into the butter mixture and then beat it all well until the mixture turns light and fluffy.
7. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, and yogurt to the egg mixture and beat it all for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate as much air possible.
8. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the egg mixture and fold the ingredients well.
9. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and then bake it for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the cake turns golden on top.
10. Serve and enjoy!
For those who prefer a more traditional home-like experience when on vacation, a timeshare can make sense. If you’ve gotten many years of good use out of your timeshare and now want to get rid of it, a timeshare cancellation company like Timeshare Freedom Group or Lonestar transfer may be able to help.