Now is the best time to be using up those leftover winter vegetables and maybe pick up some veggie bargains while the shops have all of the Christmas veg reduced. Our local Tesco had lots of potatoes, parsnips and carrots reduced which would make a great alternative to the butternut squash soup listed below!
This soup is a quick and easy make and freezes well so why not make a huge batch and freeze some for a super quick lunch! Leave out the cream if you are freezing or of course if you have decided to make a resolution that is weight loss – then again Joe from Lean in 15 says cream is a good fat so go on, add a splash! Use an air fryer for the croutons and you have an almost sin free delicious home cooked meal!
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
2 Whole butternut squash
2 small onions
3 cloves of garlic
3 tsp Cayenne pepper
2pts vegetable stock
salt & pepper to taste
double cream and croutons to serve
1. Heat the butter, cayenne and garlic until melted.
2. Cube all veg and add to the butter mix. Stir well until coated.
3. Leave to sweat for 10 minutes.
4. Pour over veg stock and leave for another 45 minutes.
5. Blitz with a hand blender.
6. Serve with croutons and a drizzle of double cream.
Serve and Enjoy