Not a truer word is spoken than that of Home is where the heart is, especially at this time of year!
Coming up to the festive season seems to bring out the home lover in all of us. We decorate our homes from top to bottom with sparkly lights, tinsel and hanging decorations, personally, we can’t wait to decorate this year as we have some of those icicle lights to hang outside for the first time. This will be the first year we have gone all out and the kids are so excited!
We all invite family and friends in for drinks and food, time spent talking and making memories together, something about Christmas seems to make family and friends seem more important than ever.
Whilst we concentrate on building our relationships we sometimes forget that not everyone is in the festive spirit and people will always try to take advantage of empty homes, etc!
Chill Insurance surveyed 750 people about Christmas and the results may surprise you!
• Out of those surveyed the average household spends between £100- £300 on Christmas presents;
• According to the findings people are most likely to keep their most prized possessions in the bedroom;
• 26% leave the home unattended when they go away;
• When out of the home 49% of people leave the lights on for security reasons;
• 24% of those surveyed claimed against house and contents insurance since moving in;
• 23% of households do not know how to check their smoke alarm.
This brought about a stark realisation that WE don’t have working smoke alarms, needless to say that is now on our to do list for this afternoon!
Obviously no one wants to think of these kinds of things around this time of the year but its better to be safe than sorry. I know its another expense especially at this time of year but something you really do need all year round. If you haven’t already, I suggest you take a look for the cheapest home insurance to cover yourself should any of the festive season woes hit your home!
This is a collaborative post
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.