Its no secret that we love to bake in this house, so when the girls show an interest in helping me make lunch or tea then i jump at the chance of giving them the opportunity to try something new. Whether that be in the form of new foods or just making something they tried but have never made before.
Bright Horizons is the UK’s leading nursery network and is trusted to provide children and families with naturally inspiring, exceptional care and education for the early years. We love that there is a new Bright Horizons Family cookbook out which contains super simple meal ideas and really easy step by step guide for those who never cook at all! The East India Dock Day Nursery is a nursery in docklands that are using these recipes!
We were kindly sent a copy of the cookbook, a doodle apron and £20 to buy ingredients so that we could give one of the recipes a go ourselves to show just how simple yet tasty they are!
The girls decided on the Seaside Carbonara and I have to admit it was absolutely delicious!
2tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
418g Pink Salmon
150ml Full Fat Yoghurt
60ml Whole Milk
1 Fresh Lemon
3tbsp Fresh Chives
Pinch of Black Pepper
1. Cook past in boiling water.
2. Add diced courgette 2 minutes before end of cooking time.
3. Drain and reserve water.
4. Return spaghetti and courgette to pan.
5. Meanwhile heat oil in pan and add crushed garlic.Cook for 1 minute.
6. Drain and remove bones from salmon. Add to garlic in pan.
7.Add yoghurt and milk and warm through.
8. Grate lemon and squeeze juice.
9. Add 1/2 of juice lemon juice 1 tsp of lemon rind.
11. Pour over pasta and add 4 tbsp of reserved cooking water and warm through over a low heat.
I love seafood but we really struggle with anything other than tuna in the house as hubby turns his nose up at fresh fish, this way we all get the best of both worlds as it comes in a tin so is de-boned and ‘not so fishy’ haha (his words not mine!)
Included in the cookbook are recipes for savoury muffins, smoothies and much more.
This is a collaborative post