I was contacted by Plusnet Mobile and set the challenge of trying to save for the summer, this is going to be difficult for me since things are very much up in the air at the moment but I can put the groundwork in and have a good base for when things level out a little!
A mobile phone contract that includes a brand-new smartphone can be an expensive undertaking, with many contracts around the £50 mark for the latest device. It’s worth remembering that most smartphone contracts, over the course of two years, will cost £200+ more than buying the handset and using a SIM only deal instead. Using a Sim contract from Plusnet Mobile this cuts outgoings down to £15 a month.
My contract is due to run out within the next couple of months and this is by far the best offer I have seen so far, I have also only heard good things about the Plusnet Mobile Sim only contracts so really think this could be a way for me to save in the long run. My last mobile contract was £27 a month so this would be saving £12 a month – £144 a year!
We also received a box of goodies to help with our savings project.
The box included:
• Light box – daily inspiration for what you’re saving for. I have taken to popping motivational words each day to keep me smiling and geared up to this budgeting challenge (the kids love playing with it too)!
• Busy B Oh-So-Clever Budget Planner Notebook – to keep track of all outgoings and to make a note of monthly budgets. This is a huge bonus for me as I need somewhere to keep track of everything and there are little pockets for receipts etc too.
• Travel Suitcase Money box – to save spending money for travelling or a holiday. Unfortunately mine was broken on arrival but I am using one of the girls moneyboxes as incentive to save those coins!
• Calculator – for all those difficult budgeting equations. I am now carrying this round in my bag to total the food shopping as i go round the supermarket – its amazing how quickly you decide you don’t need something when you see it totaling up in front of you!
• Food planning sheets – to plan your weekly meals and save money on last minute takeaways. I already had one of the sets and use it weekly as it is such a great incentive to preplan meals – i love meal planning anyway as we tend to eat lots of different things instead of panic buying rubbish!
• Cotton Re-usable bags – for saving money on plastic bags (and the environment). I am one of those who hate having to pay 5p for bags so this is fabulous and goes well with everything – I’m going to get the girls to decorate it as we have some coloured fabric pens!
• Lonely Planet Best Things in Life Are Free Book – as the old adage goes, the best things in life really are free, and this book explains them all. Oh this is a little piece of escapism – bliss and a bucket list full of places to visit!
• Bag of chocolate coins – because they’re tasty. I would love to say i saved these but they were gone shortly after the box was opened!
How are you saving money this summer? Have you booked your holidays yet?
This is a collaborative post with Plusnet Mobile
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.