What better to do on a bank holiday than bake: ?
What you need: ?
(A little helper is optional…)
16oz Self Raising Flour
2 pinches of salt
2oz Caster Sugar
2 eggs beaten (milk to make it up to 1/2pt)
Preheat oven to 220oc ?
1. ?Place flour, salt and margerine in a bowl and rub together with fingers until breadcrumbs.
2. ?Stir in sugar and currants.
3. ?Mix in egg/milk mix (leaving a little for brushing the tops)
4. ?Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into circles.
5. ?Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with remaining egg/milk wash.
6. ?Bake for 10 minutes. ?Remove from oven and cool. ?
Lashings of butter, fresh strawberries and cream! ?
Quick and easy dessert made in 20 minutes max! ?