As the weather draws in I get a little bit excited about all the upcoming things I plan to do during the Autumn months, mainly brought on by the darker nights and chill in the air! With that said here is a little list of the top 5 things I am SOOO looking forward to this Autumn!
- Dresses, woolly tights and boots! Nothing screams Autumn like dressing the part and for me that is summed up with long sleeve dresses layered with thick woolly tights and knee high boots! I am a sucker for hats too so whether its a fluffy pompom topped woollen hat or a slick felt wide brimmed dressier hat, you will catch me sporting something atop of my head in these colder months!!
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows, whipped cream and a candy cane stirring stick! (Don’t forget the stirring stick!) There is just something uber comforting about sitting inside, wrapped up nice and warm (fluffy socks and a movie on TV) that brings out the hot chocolate lover in me! I can give or take it at any other point in the year but bring on the cooler weather and a fully stacked hot chocolate is all I can think about! Of course the calories don’t count if its home made either – bonus!
- Homemade Soups! From potato and leek to butternut squash, I love making my own soups and I don’t mean in a one of these new fangled specially designed machines, I mean good old fashioned standing over the biggest pot you can find and making enough to last weeks! Check out my recipes for both the leek and squash soups here!
- Halloween! We don’t let the kids go trick or treating round the doors (personal preference, no issue with those who do!) so we always try to do something special for them at home. Whether that be carving pumpkins and setting them outside with lights in and going round to see if any others are on display or holding our own party like we have in previous years. We do insist on dressing up the house and have quite a collection of bits we have picked up over the years now, the kids love it and its all a bit of fun as long as no one gets too scared! This will be the first Halloween Amelia is really old enough to understand so we will make a fuss again this year and I am so excited to do all the baking and making again!
- Long Autumn walks! Nothing says Autumn like kicking a pile of fallen bronze leaves and this year I am determined to get some great shots of the kids playing with the leaves. Each year I make this pledge and each year something comes up that means we don’t get them – this year we will!
What are you plans this Autumn?